UrbanPiper offers an integration layer that powers the operational efficiency of 1000’s of restaurants across India for selling online through their own white-labelled platform or any of the leading food aggregator platforms — Swiggy, Zomato, Foodpanda, Dunzo, Amazon etc.
At present, we are processing nearly 6 million transactions every month. By the end of this year, we will be growing this number to 10 million. The most defining aspects of our work related to — consistency, reliability, scalability and agility. We make use of a wide variety of technologies and process significantly large amounts of data on a daily basis.
We are looking for backend engineers who have an appetite to explore new technologies, while building applications that can scale well both in terms of execution speed and the size of data that is processed.
- Work closely with the product management team to understand the scope of an application
- Expected to research for ideal technologies that can work ideally for given problem statements
- Have a good grasp of how to design and implement APIs in conformance to the protocols of REST and GraphQL.
- Need to have a good understanding of network principles related to latency, throughput, bandwidth, security — and how to monitor them.
- Take ownership of the correctness of your work both in terms of functional and usability aspects
- Apply the best practices of software development when it comes to SCM, managing issues and most importantly, documenting your work.
We are looking for someone who has
- 3+ years of experience in building integration solutions with REST and GraphQL APIs, Databases, email, SMS, etc.
- Familiar with the concepts of distributed systems esp. Queues.
- A sound understanding of disparate persistence systems SQL and NoSQL storage systems.
- Worked with Python on a regular basis and is conversant with the dominant frameworks like Django, Flask and those required to implement RESTful/GraphQL protocols.
- A strong understanding of data structures.
- The ability to communicate results clearly in a verbal and written manner
Nice to haves
- Experience in a high growth technology company
- Conversant with the AWS platform and have a good understanding of working remotely on servers using SSH and CLI.
- Can install and operate infrastructure applications which can be used to monitor performance, alert and recover
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying